One Leader’s Proven Formula to Dramatically Improve Finance and GBS Operations
Improving AP profitability and uncovering weak controls
December 7, 2021
10:00am - 11:00am EST
• Danny Thompson, SVP, Market and Product Strategy at apexanalytix
• Nigel Coffey, Head of Finance Operations, Alnylam Pharmaceuticals
Call Nigel Coffey a change agent, or call him a serial innovator. Everywhere Nigel takes on a new leadership challenge, he executes a program that adds tangible bottom-line value to his new organization. Starting with industry benchmarking, following with an audit of payments to suppliers to identify root cause issues and control weaknesses, and progressing through a systematic program of automation, Nigel has succeeded time and time again in moving each company to world-class procure-to-pay processes and technologies.
In his career Nigel has held senior business service, finance and transformation roles at Pfizer, PepsiCo, Shire Pharmaceuticals/Takeda and now Alnylam Pharmaceuticals. As the Head of Finance operations at this rapidly-growing biotech, he's helping optimize the processes to help this company produce leading-edge therapies based on the latest RNA interference science.
Hear Nigel and Danny Thompson, SVP of Market & Product Strategy at apexanalytix, as they discuss:
• How fresh industry benchmarking information on finance and procure-to-pay best practices can be leveraged to establish goals and inform business cases for talent and technology.
• The one-two punch of recovery audit: improving AP profitability and uncovering weak controls, supplier issues and root causes of overpayments.
• Optimising prior to automating: why improving and rationalising end-to-end processes, policies, procedures and controls is critical before selecting and implementing technology.
Featuring: The latest 2021 benchmarking results from apexanalytix’s P2PKey Practices Benchmarking survey. The newest P2P survey data and insights from top tier global companies.