Streamline tax management with our sales & use tax audit services
With thousands of global tax jurisdictions (US Sales & Use Tax, VAT, GST), it is not a question of did you overpay sales and use tax, but how much did you overpay. And a 2018 US Supreme Court ruling that every online order is subject to tax has thrown gasoline on the fire. Every US supplier will now charge you tax and you have no idea if they are charging it correctly.
Tax professionals from APEX Analytix can help. We have been protecting the largest companies in the world from overpayments in AP for the past 30 years and we have developed software to identify every tax overpayment. This includes the identification of overpayments, outreach to suppliers and local or state agencies, and putting that money back in your account.
Producing Impactful Results. APEX Analytix tax professionals found that the US operations of a Global 2000 company repeatedly paid both sales and use taxes on the same purchase transactions. We filed a successful refund claim for approximately $3 million in overpaid taxes.
Benefit from expertise and technology to help you identify and recover overpayments.
Two distinct advantages set APEX Analytix apart from other global tax services providers. First, we’ve built our own team of highly experienced professionals. That stands us in stark contrast to the many providers who rely on armies of temp workers or junior personnel to conduct tax reviews.
Second, our team is armed with APEX Analytix FirstStrike®, a software program that can quickly analyze large volumes of data from disparate payment systems and platforms. We simply find more and recover more in less time. We offer the same technology as licensed software – allowing you to continuously monitor disbursements and protect against future tax overpayments.
This winning combination of experience and technology-enabled analysis means better-informed advice and air-tight claims.
The APEX Analytix advantage
- Our own full-time team of highly experienced professionals who know multistate taxes inside and out will help you
- Professionals that monitor ever-changing tax laws and help us create an audit plan specifically tailored to your operations
- Project managers who use processes honed through decades of experience with Global 2000 companies
- Software analytics to analyze large volumes of data from disparate systems in record time —helping us find and recover more in less time
- A prevention-focused report of the issues we uncover – from errors attributed to work processes and ERP settings to mistaken tax law interpretation
- Compliance assessment
- Identification of overpayments
- Development of refund/credit claims
- Management of the recovery process
- Confirmation that all payment systems are configured to apply the appropriate tax
- Root cause analysis of errors uncovered
- Recommendations for work process changes to improve the accuracy of future tax payments
- Expert audit defense
- Project-related research and consulting services
- Reports of taxes paid by taxing authority, vendor, spend category or other parameters
- Software to monitor tax payments proactively and prevent costly errors
Broaden your recoveries with comprehensive global audit services
- Accounts payable audits and supplier statement audits to help you find and recoup duplicate payments, missed discounts, uncaptured vendor statement credits and more. Learn more.
- Retail merchandise audit services that shorten audit cycle times and help you recover overpayments across all aspects of your retail operations – from accounts payable, pricing and promotions to vendor allowances, freight, inventory and deal terms. Learn more.
- Pricing and contract compliance audits that explore your direct and indirect spend to ensure negotiated prices and terms are making their way to your bottom line. Learn more.
- Pre-escheatment and unclaimed property recovery to help you recover unclaimed property, avoid fines and keep funds from being escheated to government authorities. Learn more.
- An audit of taxes paid on goods and services to help you recover any overpayments, identify your potential exposure and prepare a rigorous, fact-based defense for tax authorities.