Streamline Tax Management with Our Sales & Use Tax Audit Services
Cash-strapped governments around the globe are placing a renewed emphasis on the taxes companies pay for goods and services – including sales and use taxes, GST and VAT. That means audits are becoming commonplace in markets around the globe. To minimize the impact on your bottom line, it is important to analyze your potential exposure in advance and be prepared with a rigorous, fact-based defense.
Experts on the APEX Analytix global tax services team are poised to help. Our audit experts monitor ever-changing global tax laws and create an audit action plan specifically tailored to your operations.
- Compliance assessment
- Identification of overpayments
- Development of refund/credit claims
- Management of the recovery process
- Confirmation that all payment systems are configured to apply the appropriate tax
- Root cause analysis of errors uncovered
- Recommendations for work process changes to improve the accuracy of future tax payments
- Expert audit defense
- Project-related research and consulting services
- Reports of taxes paid by taxing authority, vendor, spend category or other parameters
- Software to monitor tax payments proactively and prevent costly errors
Benefit from expertise and technology to help you identify and recover overpayments.
Two distinct advantages set APEX Analytix apart from other global tax services providers. First, we’ve built our own team of highly experienced experts. That stands us in stark contrast to the many providers who rely on armies of temp workers or junior personnel to conduct tax reviews.
Second, our team is armed with APEX Analytix FirstStrike®, a software program that can quickly analyze large volumes of data from disparate payment systems and platforms. We simply find more and recover more in less time. We offer the same technology as licensed software – allowing you to continuously monitor disbursements and protect against future tax overpayments.
This winning combination of experience and technology-enabled analysis means better-informed advice and air-tight claims.
The APEX Analytix Advantage
- Our own full-time team of highly experienced experts who know multistate taxes inside and out will help you
- Global Centers of Excellence to monitor ever-changing tax laws and help us create an audit plan specifically tailored to your operations
- Expert project managers who use processes honed through decades of experience with Global 1000 companies
- Software analytics to analyze large volumes of data from disparate systems in record time —helping us find more and recover more in less time
- A prevention-focused report of the issues we uncover – from errors attributed to work processes and ERP settings to mistaken tax law interpretation
Broaden Your Recoveries with Comprehensive Global Audit Services
- Accounts payable audits and supplier statement audits to help you find and recoup duplicate payments, missed discounts, uncaptured vendor statement credits and more. Learn More.
- Retail merchandise audit services that shorten audit cycle times and help you recover overpayments across all aspects of your retail operations – from accounts payable, pricing and promotions to vendor allowances, freight, inventory and deal terms. Learn More.
- Pricing and contract compliance audits that explore your direct and indirect spend to ensure negotiated prices and terms are making their way to your bottom line. Learn More.
- Pre-escheatment and unclaimed property recovery to help you recover unclaimed property, avoid fines and keep funds from being escheated to government authorities. Learn More.
- An audit of taxes paid on goods and services to help you recover any overpayments, identify your potential exposure and prepare a rigorous, fact-based defense for tax authorities.
Producing Impactful Results. APEX Analytix tax experts found that the U.S. operations of a Global 1000 company repeatedly paid both sales and use taxes on the same purchase transactions. We filed a successful refund claim for approximately $3 million in overpaid taxes.